- Preventing Identity Theft
- ATM Security
- Privacy Notice
- Social Engineering Schemes
- Online Banking Tips
Peoples State BankLivingston
2700 Hwy 190 West
PO Box 1800
Livingston, TX 77351
T: (936) 967-2323
F: (936) 967-2424
Email the Bank Shepherd
5850 Hwy 59 South
PO Box 1287
Shepherd, TX 77371
T: (936) 628-3312
F: (936) 628-6658
Email the Bank Coldspring
15001 Hwy 150 W
Coldspring, TX 77331
T: (936) 653-5193
F: (936) 653-5196
Email the Bank
Preventing ID Theft
The number of Americans who have experienced identity theft has surpassed 27 million, with the incidence rate increasing every year. Substantial measures are in place at Peoples State Bank to protect your identity and your accounts against theft and fraud.
For example, stringent bank privacy policies protect your personal and financial information. Password protection for online transactions help assure online security. When using our online services, you develop a secret password that only you know. Encryption of online transactions with your bank converts your information into secure code, protecting you against hackers.
Maximum security is possible only with your help. Here’s what you can do to stop these crimes before they happen:
- Do not give out financial information such as checking and credit card numbers, or your Social Security number, unless you know the person or organization.
- Report lost or stolen checks immediately. Your bank will block payment on them.
- Notify your banker of suspicious phone inquiries such as those asking for account information to "verify a statement" or "award a prize."
- Closely guard your ATM personal identification number and ATM receipts.
- Shred any financial solicitations and bank statements before disposing of them.
- Put outgoing mail into a secure, official Postal Service collection box.
- If regular bills fail to reach you, call the company to find out why.
- If your bills include questionable items, don’t ignore them. Instead, investigate immediately to head off any possible fraud.
- Periodically contact the major credit reporting companies to review your file and make certain the information is correct.
If you’re worried that you might have inadvertently compromised your PSB account, it’s important that you speak with us immediately. The sooner we know what’s happened, the sooner we can begin helping you. Please call us now.
- Credit or Debit MasterCard Number
- PII (Personal Identifiable Information—such as Social Security or Tax ID #)
- PSBtexas.com logon information—User ID’s or passwords
The bottom line: If you have any questions or concerns about protecting your financial identity, come in and visit your banker.
Credit Reporting Bureaus
To place a fraud alerd:……..1-888-766-0008
To order a credit report:……..1-800-685-1111
To place a fraud alerd:……..1-888-397-3742
To order a credit report:……..1-888-397-3742
To place a fraud alerd:……..1-800-680-7289
To order a credit report:……..1-800-888-4213
How to obtain a free credit report
Peoples State Bank is not Responsible for and has no control over the content or subject matter of the following links.
Contact www.annualcreditreport.com or call (877) 322-8228
You may also contact the following sources for further information concerning identity theft and fraud prevention.
Onguardonline.gov —this site was created by the federal government to help people be safe, secure and responsible online. The website is part of the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education.
FTC.gov –Information from the Federal Trade Commission to help you avoid identity theft and learn what to do if your identity is stolen.
FDIC.gov –Tips from the FDIC about how to protect yourself from identity theft and fraud.